Featuring a never-before-used tonewood and a host of player-focused design enhancements, the Builders Edition 324ce acoustic guitar represents Taylors ongoing marriage of innovative acoustic design with forward-thinking strategy toward a more sustainable future. The star here is Urban Ash, a tonewood sourced from city trees that have been selected for removal from urban settings due to weather or disease damage, public safety concerns, disruptive root systems, and simply reaching the end of their life cycle. Instead of allowing this beautiful, functional wood to end its life cycle in a landfill, weve reclaimed it for use in the backs and sides of this 324ce, offering a tonal response similar to high-tier mahogany: dry and woody, with a fundamental-strong response that produces clear notes largely free from ringing overtones. Paired with a mahogany top, this Grand Auditorium produces clear midrange presence and crisp highs over a rich low end that will satisfy strummers and fingerstyle players alike. V-Class bracing offers its trademark blend of power and resonance, emphasizing this guitars robust midrange while producing a more in-tune, musical sound. In keeping with the Builders Edition philosophy, this 324ce features an array of enhancements designed to provide the ultimate playing experience, including chamfered body and fretboard edges, a beveled armrest and cutaway, and a Curve Wing bridge. Other appointments include Compass inlays in faux pearl and Italian acrylic, Gotoh 510 tuners with a super-precise 21:1 gear ratio, a Silent Satin finish with a dark edgeburst treatment for an ultra-clean, noise-free sound, and ES2 electronics. It ships in a deluxe Taylor hardshell case.
- Taylors signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
- The hardwood top produces strong fundamentals with clarity and focus.
- Sourced from city trees in need of removal, Urban Ash produces midrange power and balance comparable to Honduran mahogany.
- The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitars dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
- A smooth, double-contoured cutaway provides easy access to even the highest frets without changing hand positions.
- A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2″
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20″
- Body Width: 16″
- Body Depth: 4 5/8″
- Binding/Edge Treatment: None
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding: Beveled, Neo-Tropical
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Faux Pearl
- Stain/Sunburst: Tobacco Kona Burst
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: yes
- Neck Width: 1-3/4″
- Fretboard Inlay: Compass, Italian Acrylic
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/4″
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Compass, Italian Acrylic
- Peghead Logo: Italian Acrylic
- Bridge Pins: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons: Gold
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None