Last Updated: November 13, 2023
Your Online Privacy is Important to Us!
Personal information means any information that’s about you, and we do not release personal information about our individual customers and visitors without their permission. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. We may share your personal information with certain third parties to provide services to you, as noted below in Disclosure of your Personal Information. We do collect information from our customers and visitors, which is used to process orders and to improve your shopping experience with us!
Please note that the information provided in this statement relates only to our policies and practices. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of third-party websites to which we may link. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, that information is subject to their respective privacy policies, and we strongly encourage you to carefully read such privacy policies.
We occasionally send product updates and special offers to those customers and visitors who have signed up to receive such information. You can be removed from our email list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in all of our emails.
Our collection of information
In the course of a visit to our Website, we collect a variety of information directly from visitors and customers. On certain pages, users may be asked for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that they have requested. The personal information we collect from a user in any of these circumstances may include:
- contact details, such as a user’s name, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, and physical address;
- information about the user’s company/organization and role;
- order notes that you communicate for delivery;
- country of residence, which allows us to determine a user’s eligibility under export control regulations to receive shipments of certain products;
- e-mail marketing preferences;
- information used to customize and facilitate the use of our Website, including login and technical information;
- financial information, including credit card or bank account information;
- employment history, home ownership history, driver’s license number and Social Security number, typically collected only in the course of processing applications for rentals or leases;
- inquiries about and orders for our products and services;
- information that assists us in identifying the products and services that best meet our customers’ and visitors’ needs;
- feedback from users about our Website and about our products and services in general;
- the content of a testimonial, rating, review or comment, or other user-generated content that may be posted publicly on our sites. We also collect and securely store information about our customers from sources other than our Website;
- information about our customers’ transactions with us and our affiliates, such as account balances, payment history and account activity, for web transactions as well as purchases made via telephone, fax or at one of our retail locations;
- information from third party providers such as social media accounts and Google Analytics.
Information we collect from visitors to our web sites
Cookies Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As is common with websites providing e-commerce services, a record of all visits to the Willis Music family of sites is stored on our web servers. This includes cookies, which are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer. Information collected includes details such as a visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. We also collect information about visits to our sites, including what pages are viewed, the number of bytes transferred, the links clicked, the materials accessed, and other actions taken within our Website. On sites that are entered with a user ID, we may connect this information with the identity of the registered user to provide the user restricted access to transaction histories, to allow the user to view and modify personal data and preferences, and to determine the user’s potential interest in our products and services.
When customers register an account with our Website, we gather the email address and password provided. Passwords are stored in an encrypted format for the protection of our customers. Email addresses provided to us for the purposes of creating an account or subscribing to a newsletter are stored securely on our servers.
Credit Card Information
In the course of completing an online transaction, we collect credit card information from customers using secure industry-standard data encryption technology.
Reasons we use the collected information
We use our customers’ personal information for the purpose it was collected. In some cases, personal information is required to perform certain functions. You voluntarily decide if you want to provide us with your information. You may be asked to provide your personal information to:
- deliver services or carry out transactions you have requested;
- provide information on products;
- process orders, including processing payments and refunds;
- handle warranty claims;
- handle collections as required for failure to pay;
- answer customer service requests;
- facilitate the use of our Website;
- inform you of community music news;
- send you newsletters or special offers, including rewards program updates;
- improve our Website and services;
- address legal issues; and
- allow you to exercise your data privacy rights.
In order to offer a more consistent experience in interactions with Willis Music, information collected by our Website may be combined with information we collect by other means.
Technical and Online Files
We use the information collected in our server logs to analyze how visitors use our sites, to improve the efficiency of our systems and to enhance the quality of the user experience on our sites. This data is useful in analyzing the performance of the hardware and software that run our sites, as well as supporting the analysis of site security.
Email addresses provided to us for the purpose of creating an account are used in the course of communications concerning transactions or other customer service activities. Email addresses provided to us by those opting into our newsletters and marketing communications are used to inform participants of sales, promotions, events and activities we feel might be of interest to our subscribers. It is the policy of Willis Music not to sell, rent, lease or otherwise distribute email addresses of our customers or subscribers to any third parties for any purpose.
With our customers’ permission, we may use their personal information gathered via our Website to inform them of products or services available from Willis Music. When collecting information that might be used to contact customers about our products and services, we will always provide the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications. Moreover, each e-mail communication we send includes an unsubscribe link allowing customers to stop delivery of that type of communication. If they elect to unsubscribe, we will remove them from the relevant list within 30 business days.
Credit Card Information
Credit card information collected from customers is used to process payment for orders.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We may disclose your contact information, communication information, usage information, and information from surveys to the following third parties:
- Any subcontractors, who may assist us to operate the Website or perform the Services, are required to collect, use, retain, or process information in compliance with applicable data privacy laws.
- Regulatory entities. We will disclose your information if we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to comply with any applicable law or legal process, to prevent fraud or imminent harm, to ensure the security of the Website, and to protect Willis Music rights.
- We may disclose your information in connection with mergers and reorganization. In such cases, we will take appropriate steps to protect your information.
We may also share your personal information with your consent or at your express request. We may share anonymized or aggregated data internally and with third parties for any purpose. Such information will not identify you individually.
Your Rights and Choices
Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Information
You can contact us as set forth in the Contact Us section below to request access to, correction of, or deletion of personal information that you have provided to us. We may also ask you to verify your identity before we respond to your request. Depending on your request, we may not accommodate your request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or negatively affect the information’s accuracy.
Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Third Party Links
Our Website and services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We will not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under 13, or the relevant minimum age under applicable local legal requirements, except as permitted under applicable law. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child under 13 without his or her parent’s or legal guardian’s consent, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information.
This site uses the latest technology to protect all of the information you send and receive during the checkout process. The connection between your browser and our server is encrypted with industry leading SSL technology. SSL encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so it cannot be read as the information travels over the internet. Your browser must support SSL.
By email: [email protected]
By phone: 800-354-9799
By mail or visiting us at one of our locations.