Creators are evolvingand so are we. Zoom LiveTrak L-8 makes it easier than ever to mix, monitor and record professional-sounding podcasts and music performances in one portable, affordable package.
Podcast creators are a special breed. They require a unique set of audio features, along with the flexibility of a proper mixing console. The LiveTrak L-8 combines Zooms famous audio performance with features made for podcasters.
Just press a button to play intros, outros, jingles, ads and sound effects. With 6 easily-assignable Sound Pads, the right sound is at your fingertips.
Remote interviews are a snap with the L-8; just connect your phone via the provided TRRS cable. The Mix-Minus function automatically prevents echo and feedback to and from the caller. Or use the USB connection to route audio from Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, Slack and more.
Zooms preamps are famous for a good reason: theyre transparent, powerful and ultra-reliable. The L-8 features six independent Zoom preamps, built to handle anything from a whisper to a raucous debate.
The pros know that when you record everyone on their own separate track it just sounds better and provides more flexibility in the edit. The L-8 records separate tracks directly to your SD card, enabling you to edit them later.
From singer-songwriters to small bands, the L-8 is the ideal mixer and recorder for musicians who may be small in number, but big on sound.
The L-8 features six high performance preamps each with phantom power, a low noise floor (-121dBU EIN), and maximum input gain of +54dB. Additionally there are two each Hi-Z, line-level and USB inputs. You can also fine-tune each channel with EQ and onboard effects.
The L-8 lets you record up to 10 discrete tracks plus a stereo mix directly to an SD card at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz*. You can punch-in and overdub with ease, then transfer your work to your favorite DAW for fine tuning.
In the Box:
- LiveTrak L-8 Mixer/Recorder
- TRRS Cable
- USB Cable
- AD-17 AC Adapter
- Quick Guide
- 8-channel mixer (6 combo, plus 2 TS)
- 12-track simultaneous recording, 10-track playback
- Mix-Minus function preventing audio feedback from dial-in guests
- TRRS connection and included TRRS cable for phone connectivity
- 6 assignable Sound Pads, with 13 preset sounds
- 4 headphone outputs, consisting of 3 custom monitor mixes, plus one main mix
- 3-band EQ and a low-cut function
- 7 scene memories for storing mixes
- 12-in / 4-out USB audio interface
- Class-compliant mode (for iOS compatibility)
- Battery operated with four AA batteries or a USB power supply
- Record up to 24-bit/96kHz, record up to 48kHZ to computer and SD card simultaneously
Inputs and Outputs/Number of Channels:
- INPUTS: MIC/LINE: 6; LINE: 2
- OUTPUT: MASTER OUT: 1; MASTER OUT (PHONES): 1; MONITOR OUT (PHONES): 3
- MIC/LINE: Type: XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 HOT, TRS: TIP HOT); Input gain: +10 +54 dB/3 +41 dB (when Hi-Z ON); Input impedance: XLR: 3 kO; Input impedance: TRS: 3 kO/1 MO (when Hi-Z ON); Maximum input level: 2 dBu when 26dB switch OFF (at 0 dBFS); Maximum input level: +24 dBu when 26dB switch ON (at 0 dBFS); Phantom power: +48 V
- LINE: Type: TS phone jack; Input impedance: 10 kO; Maximum input level: +3 dBu
- SMARTPHONE CONNECTION JACK: Type: TRRS mini jack (4-contact/TIP: L, RING 1: R, RING 2: GND, SLEEVE: MIC); Input; impedance: 10 kO; Maximum input level: +3 dBu
- MASTER OUT: Type: XLR jacks (balanced); Maximum output level: +14.5 dBu; Output impedance: 100 O
- MASTER OUT (PHONES): Type: Standard stereo phone jack; Maximum output level: 10 mW + 10 mW (60O load); Output; impedance: 10 O
- MONITOR OUT (PHONES): Type: Standard stereo phone jack; Maximum output level: 10 mW + 10 mW (60O load); Output impedance: 10 O
- MASTER: 1
- MONITOR: 3
- SEND EFX: 1
- LOW CUT: 75 Hz, 12 dB/OCT
- EQ: HIGH: 10 kHz, ±15 dB, shelving; MID: 2.5 kHz, ±15 dB, peaking; LOW: 100 Hz, ±15 dB, shelving
- LEVEL METER: 9 segments
- SEND EFFECTS: 8 types
- MAXIMUM SIMULTANEOUS RECORDING TRACKS: 12 at 44.1/48/96 kHz
- MAXIMUM SIMULTANEOUS PLAYBACK TRACKS: 10
- RECORDING FORMAT: WAV 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereo
- RECORDING MEDIA: 4GB32GB SDHC-compliant cards (Class 10 or higher); 64GB512GB SDXC-compliant cards (Class 10 or higher)
- 44.1/48 KHZ: Recording: 12 channels; Playback: 4 channels
- BIT DEPTH: 24-bit
- INTERFACE: USB 2.0
System Requirements for Audio Interface Mode:
- WINDOWS: OS: Windows® 7 SP1 or later / 8.1 / 10 (32bit/64bit); CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster*; USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0**; * Operation is not guaranteed with CPUs from Atom, Celeron or Pentium series or CPUs made by AMD.; ** Only USB host controllers with Intel Chipsets are supported. Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards.
- MAC: OS: macOS 10.12 ~ 11; CPU: Intel® Core i3 or faster; USB: USB 3.0/USB 2.0*; * Operation is not guaranteed when used with USB hubs or expansion cards.
- IPHONE/IPAD: OS: iOS 10 / 11 / 12 / 13; * Apple Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter required.
- CLASS: Mass storage USB 2.0 High Speed
- SAMPLING FREQUENCY: 44.1/48/96 kHz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz 20 kHz: 1 dB at 44.1 kHz; 20 Hz 40 kHz: 3 dB at 96 kHz (when GAIN at 3 o’clock)
- EQUIVALENT INPUT NOISE: 121 dBu or less (IHF-A) at +54dB/150O input
- DISPLAY: LCD with backlight (96×64 resolution)
- POWER: 4 AA batteries (alkaline, lithium, or rechargeable NiMH); AC adapter (ZOOM AD-17): DC 5V/1A; Supports USB bus power
- ESTIMATED CONTINUOUS RECORDING TIME USING BATTERIES: Recording 44.1kHz/16-bit/4ch audio to SD card (when 48V is OFF, LCD BACKLIGHT is 15sec, BATTERY SAVING is ON and headphone impedance is 62O):; Alkaline batteries: about 1.5 hours; NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 3 hours; Lithium batteries: about 5 hours; The above values are approximate.; Continuous battery operation times were determined using in-house testing methods. They will vary greatly according to use conditions.
- POWER CONSUMPTION: 5 W
- EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS: 268 mm (W) × 282 mm (D) × 74 mm (H)
- WEIGHT (UNIT ONLY): 1.56 kg
Willis Music Company has been serving the local community since 1899 and the online community since 2010. With our rich history, we have always had a focus on music education. From our internationally known educational piano catalog to one of the top retail music chains in America the focus on education has always remained. In 2005, Willis partnered with the Hal Leonard Corporation who now handles product development, production, and distribution for the Willis catalog in the America’s and beyond. With the 2013 acquisition of Moeller Music, Willis strengthened its commitment and dedication to school music programs in all markets. At the same time, Willis began representing the renowned Yamaha Band and Orchestra line of instruments. As a family-run company, all of us at Willis are tremendously proud of the legacy that began with Charles H. Willis so many years ago and continues through the Cranley Family today and we are committed to continuing with the same dedication for years to come. Our mission is to be the epitome of forte in your musical life. We strive to focus on people, offer the highest value in quality products and services, reach potential through empowerment, tradition of integrity, and enrich lives by encouraging music participation. Thank you for your trust in Willis Music Company and we will always strive to be your trusted music company.