The OM5 vocal dynamic microphone is made with an extremely tight and uniformly controlled hypercardioid polar pattern which isolates the vocals from the rest of the instruments on stage or in a studio.
Used on stage, in studios and for broadcast applications, the OM5 hypercardioid microphone has a reputation for clarity, resistance to feedback and ability to handle SPLs in excess of 144 dB without distortion.
The OM5 dynamic vocal microphone is naturally attenuated at 120 Hz to reduce boominess and handling noise. The mid-range is tailored to provide extra presence in the vocals allowing the vocalist to be easily heard through the main speakers as well as the monitors.
- Lead or backing vocals
- Live recording
- Sax, brass, guitar, dobro, flute, percussion, drums
- Home studio
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz – 19 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 2 mV / Pa @ 1k
- Capsule Technology: VLM Type C
- Off-Axis Rejection: >30 dB
- Maximum SPL: =144 dB
- Power Requirements: None
- Connector: 3-pin XLRm
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm
- produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Materials / Finish: Zinc Alloy / Black Finish
- Weight: 330 g / 11.6 oz
- Length: 176 mm / 6.9 in