I dont just like the newest version of my guitar, I love it. With these new pickups, I can move from a strong bridge pickup to a very clear, whoopy neck pickup you can hear every note by just setting the mini-toggles and using the 3-way as normal. Its a highly musical and very usable setup. This guitar has clear, spanky single coils when you split the pickups but a very full soapbar quality when they are in humbucking mode. Its just beautiful. – Paul Reed Smith
Historically, the Pauls Guitar (like the Modern Eagle before it) has been a realization of Paul Reed Smiths latest discoveries surrounding tone. Paul specified every appointment of this instrument from the wood selection and inlay design to the pickups. This revamped model represents Pauls vision not only as a guitar maker but as a guitar player who needs versatile stage – and studio-ready gear that can achieve all the right tones. As a man who has every option available to him, Pauls personal design choices include mahogany bodies with maple tops, Honduran rosewood fretboards, Nitrocellulose finishes, Brushstroke bird inlays, and narrow pickup bobbins. The Pauls Guitar model also includes PRSs TCI (Tuned Capacitance and Inductance) treble and bass pickups with two mini-toggle switches that allow players to put either or both pickups in either humbucking or true single coil mode.
- PRS Stoptail with Brass Inserts: Engineered with curved string slots with brass inserts and brass studs to take full advantage of the resonant properties of the guitar.
- PRS Phase III Locking Tuners: Modern locking technology with vintage elegance, these tuners promote tone transfer for a louder, more resonant instrument.
- PRS TCI Pickups: Musical pickups that offer versatile tones from spanky singlecoils to full soapbars.
- Body Construction: Solidbody
- Top Wood: Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Top Carve: Violin
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25″
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Construction: One-Piece
- Truss Rod: PRS Double-Acting
- Neck Shape: Pattern
- Neck Depth At The Nut: 7/8″
- Neck Of Fretboard At The Nut: 1 11/16″
- Neck Of Fretboard At The Body: 2 1/4″
- Fretboard Wood: Honduran Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 10″
- Fretboard Inlay: Brushstroke Birds
- Headstock Logo: Signature, Inlaid
- Neck/Body Assembly Type: Set
- Treble Pickup: TCI
- Bass Pickup: TCI
- Controls: Volume & Tone Controls with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Switch and Two Mini-Toggle Coil Split Switches
- Bridge: PRS Stoptail w/ Brass Inserts
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Nut: Bone
- Truss Rod Cover: Blank
- Strings: PRS Signature 10-46
- Tuning: Standard (6 String): E, A, D, G, B, E
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Options: 10 Top with Hybrid Hardware
Willis Music Company has been serving the local community since 1899 and the online community since 2010. With our rich history, we have always had a focus on music education. From our internationally known educational piano catalog to one of the top retail music chains in America the focus on education has always remained. In 2005, Willis partnered with the Hal Leonard Corporation who now handles product development, production, and distribution for the Willis catalog in the America’s and beyond. With the 2013 acquisition of Moeller Music, Willis strengthened its commitment and dedication to school music programs in all markets. At the same time, Willis began representing the renowned Yamaha Band and Orchestra line of instruments. As a family-run company, all of us at Willis are tremendously proud of the legacy that began with Charles H. Willis so many years ago and continues through the Cranley Family today and we are committed to continuing with the same dedication for years to come. Our mission is to be the epitome of forte in your musical life. We strive to focus on people, offer the highest value in quality products and services, reach potential through empowerment, tradition of integrity, and enrich lives by encouraging music participation. Thank you for your trust in Willis Music Company and we will always strive to be your trusted music company.