With specially engineered effects, built-in looper and drum machine, the A1/A1X FOUR is the first Multi-Effects Processor designed for a variety of acoustic string and wind instruments.
The A1/A1X FOUR is preloaded with over 80 effects, including more than 35 new groundbreaking effects designed and engineered for acoustic instruments.
The A1X FOUR comes with 8 additional pedal-controlled effects to adjust volume, pitch, reverb, delay, and wah.
Add a multitude of warm and rich tones to your guitar. From live unplugged performance sounds to the finger-playing style of country and blues, theres so much to choose from. Gorgeous effects and acoustic guitar modeling will take your instrument to places its never been before.
Add depth and dimension with acoustic emulators and modeling. Refresh your instruments natural sound, allowing your live performances to sound just like your studio recordings. Select and hone in on the tone of your favorite guitar make and style. The A1/A1X FOUR make it easier than ever to process the sound of your own Acoustic Guitar.? With a selection of 15 factory presets (plus13 more available as free download on Guitar Lab), you can select your favorite AG MODEL, D-28 for example, and recover instantly the sound character of that renowned and original body shape.? IR (Impulse Response) technology is used to capture the sonic fingerprint all guitar shapes and bodies available on the A1/A1X FOUR and via Guitar Lab. Each AG MODEL can be adjusted with 4 parameters (Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble) to control the volume and refine the audio output of your modeled sound. In Patches you can also set the AG Pickup Selector (AG PU SEL) to match your guitars pickup type (Piezo or Magnetic) and add a specific EQ modeled on a variety of dedicated processors.
Perform that gritty, rock-and-roll sax growl. Or use the lush custom-chorus effect to emulate the sound of jazz fusion. The A1/A1X Four gives sax players a soundscape of possibilities. The all-new SaxChorus effect delivers a more natural double-track and thick tone response by softening the modulated sensation typical of a chorus designed for the electric guitar. With ready-made settings for EQ and Compressors your sax will preserve its acousticly warm sound, even when amplified through mics.
From the bright sound of electric jazz to our signature Auto Wah sound effect, the A1/A1X gives you inspiration for any style you play. With the Tp MD70 preset patch the Pedal Wah sound is tuned, resonates and adapts to the low frequency range and curve of the Trumpet.
From the rich, full sound of a string symphony to the raw, distorted explosion of metal, the A1/A1X FOUR have effects for every genre.
Play punchy, mid-range sounds of a blues harp, or experiment with your own new sounds. Breathing new life into your harmonica has never been so much fun. Play through the preset patch Hm StevieW and get that famous harmonica sound as the choruss wet signal effect is modified to fit the frequency response of the chromatic harmonica. The A1/A1X even provides you with a truly effective simulation of the Bullet Mic, also known by harmonica players as the Green Bullet. Select the preset patch Hm Juke and now hear the legendary amplified, warm tone of the Green Bullet come to life, even when using any standard vocal microphone.
With focused highs and rich lows, the A1/A1X Four gives you control and flexibility from classical to rockabilly and all styles in between. Add octaves, select your piezo effect or create your own unique signature sound.
The Zoom MAA-1 mic adapter provides a hassle-free connection to the A1/A1X FOUR. It works with dynamic microphones and even provides phantom power for condenser mics. Add effects to any acoustic instrument and adjust gain settings with the MAA-1s easy-access controls.
Effortlessly toggle between patches and effects with two performance modes. MEMORY mode makes it easy to program your entire setlist by jumping from patch-to-patch. Use STOMP mode to turn individual effects on and off with the tap of your foot.
In the Box:
- A1 FOUR or A1X FOUR Multi-Effects Processor
- MAA-1 Mic Amp
- AA Batteries (x6)
- Quick Guide
- Patch List
- A1 FOUR offers over 80 built-in effects / A1X FOUR offers over 90 built-in effects
- Dedicated effects for acoustic guitar, saxophone, trumpet, violin, and harmonica
- Up to 5 effects can be used simultaneously, chained together in any order
- 50 memory locations for storing user-created patches
- Looper for recording up to 30 seconds / 64 beats of CD-quality audio with seamless start and end times
- ZOOM Guitar Lab software for creating, editing and managing effects and patches
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns tailored for unplugged styles of music can be used in combination with the Looper
- Onboard chromatic tuner supports all standard guitar tunings, including open and drop tunings
- Output jack for connection to amp or headphones
- A1 FOUR and A1X FOUR runs on 4 AA batteries, with alkaline battery life of 18 hours; MAA-1 Requires 2 AA batteries
- USB port for firmware updates, power and connection to ZOOM Guitar Lab
- *Manufacturer names and product names mentioned in this presentation are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners and do not indicate any affiliation with ZOOM CORPORATION. All product and artist names are intended only to illustrate sonic characteristics that were used as reference in the development of this product.
A1 Four/A1X Four:
- MAXIMUM NUMBER OF SIMULTANEOUS EFFECTS: 5
- USER PATCHES: 50
- SAMPLING FREQUENCY: 44.1 kHz
- A/D CONVERSION: 24-bit, 128× oversampling
- D/A CONVERSION: 24-bit, 128× oversampling
- SIGNAL PROCESSING: 32-bit
- DISPLAY: 128×32 dot matrix LCD
- INPUT: Standard mono phone jack Rated input level: -20 dBuInput impedance (line): 470 kO
- AUX IN: Stereo mini jack Rated input level: -10 dBuInput impedance (line): 1kO
- OUTPUT: Standard stereo phone jack (combined line/headphone) Maximum output level: Line +2 dBu (10 kO or more output impedance)Headphones 17 mW + 17 mW (32O load)
- INPUT S/N: 120dB
- NOISE FLOOR (RESIDUAL NOISE): -97 dBu
- POWER: AC adapter: 9V DC 500mA center negative (ZOOM AD-16) 4 AA batteries (about 18 hours continuous operation time when using alkaline batteries with the LCD backlight off)
- USB: USB MIDI, USB Micro-B Power can also be supplied through the USB port.When using a cable designed only for power, other USB functions cannot be used.
- EXTERNAL DIMENSIONS: A1 FOUR Height: 156 mm (D) × 130 mm (W) × 42 mm (H)Weight: 340 g (excluding batteries)A1X; FOUR Height: 156 mm (D) × 216 mm (W) × 52 mm (H)Weight: 610 g (excluding batteries)
Willis Music Company has been serving the local community since 1899 and the online community since 2010. With our rich history, we have always had a focus on music education. From our internationally known educational piano catalog to one of the top retail music chains in America the focus on education has always remained. In 2005, Willis partnered with the Hal Leonard Corporation who now handles product development, production, and distribution for the Willis catalog in the America’s and beyond. With the 2013 acquisition of Moeller Music, Willis strengthened its commitment and dedication to school music programs in all markets. At the same time, Willis began representing the renowned Yamaha Band and Orchestra line of instruments. As a family-run company, all of us at Willis are tremendously proud of the legacy that began with Charles H. Willis so many years ago and continues through the Cranley Family today and we are committed to continuing with the same dedication for years to come. Our mission is to be the epitome of forte in your musical life. We strive to focus on people, offer the highest value in quality products and services, reach potential through empowerment, tradition of integrity, and enrich lives by encouraging music participation. Thank you for your trust in Willis Music Company and we will always strive to be your trusted music company.