The KSM137 is an end-address condenser microphone with a single cardioid polar pattern. Designed for studio use, yet rugged enough for live applications, the KSM137 can withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). Its low self-noise and extended frequency response make it ideal for recording instruments.
Versatile, durable, and precise, the KSM137 is an outstanding microphone for instruments ranging from percussion to wind, strings to brass, and piano to guitar.
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar® diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic and intermodulation distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Switchable 15 dB pad for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- 3-position switchable low-frequency filter reduces background noise and counteracts proximity effect
- Acoustic instruments — such as piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings
- Wind instruments — brass and woodwind
- Low frequency instruments — such as double bass, electric bass, kick drum
- Overhead miking — drums or percussion
- Ensembles — choral or orchestral
- Room ambiance pick-up — guitar amplifier or drums
Willis Music Company has been serving the local community since 1899 and the online community since 2010. With our rich history, we have always had a focus on music education. From our internationally known educational piano catalog to one of the top retail music chains in America the focus on education has always remained. In 2005, Willis partnered with the Hal Leonard Corporation who now handles product development, production, and distribution for the Willis catalog in the America’s and beyond. With the 2013 acquisition of Moeller Music, Willis strengthened its commitment and dedication to school music programs in all markets. At the same time, Willis began representing the renowned Yamaha Band and Orchestra line of instruments. As a family-run company, all of us at Willis are tremendously proud of the legacy that began with Charles H. Willis so many years ago and continues through the Cranley Family today and we are committed to continuing with the same dedication for years to come. Our mission is to be the epitome of forte in your musical life. We strive to focus on people, offer the highest value in quality products and services, reach potential through empowerment, tradition of integrity, and enrich lives by encouraging music participation. Thank you for your trust in Willis Music Company and we will always strive to be your trusted music company.