The Kiaayo is based on the idea that less-is-more and provides a streamlined interface for an unlimited overdrive experience. Implementing a 3-knob layout, the Kiaayo offers an adaptable-gain configuration, distinctive pre-gain low-pass filter, and dynamic-asymmetrical clipping. The result is an amp-like overdrive that responds to the dynamics of your playing for sustained leads and articulate chording.
Kiaayo (key-eye-yo) pays tribute to my Blackfeet (Amsskaapipiikuni) heritage and is the Blackfeet translation meaning bear. Blackfeet tradition tells the story of a missing child who was found and raised by a bear. The bear was wise, imparting lessons of strength and fearlessness. Winter had passed, and the child grew into a young man. Using the knowledge that the bear had imparted; the young man overcame opposition and later became a great chief. The artwork for the Kiaayo features the wise and nurturing bear walking amongst the Glacier Mountain terrain of the Blackfeet Nation. -Mike Trombley, Owner
- Adaptable-gain configuration designed to make the Kiaayo the overdrive solution for a diverse range of instruments and musical styles.
- Pre-gain filter aimed to reduce aggressive harmonics which in-return provides a smooth and warmer overdrive experience.
- Independent volume, gain, and tone parameters to allow for total customization of overdrive tones.
- Asymmetrical clipping tuned to provide a dynamic tube-like response.
- 9-18VDC operation provides adjustable headroom for additional overdrive capabilities.
- Smart switching system to engage effect in either momentary or latching mode for expanded operational capability.
- Top-mounted instrument and power jacks designed to save and reduce pedalboard space.
- Power: 9-18VDC, 22mA (center negative)
- Dimensions: 2.6”x4.77” (W x L)
Willis Music Company has been serving the local community since 1899 and the online community since 2010. With our rich history, we have always had a focus on music education. From our internationally known educational piano catalog to one of the top retail music chains in America the focus on education has always remained. In 2005, Willis partnered with the Hal Leonard Corporation who now handles product development, production, and distribution for the Willis catalog in the America’s and beyond. With the 2013 acquisition of Moeller Music, Willis strengthened its commitment and dedication to school music programs in all markets. At the same time, Willis began representing the renowned Yamaha Band and Orchestra line of instruments. As a family-run company, all of us at Willis are tremendously proud of the legacy that began with Charles H. Willis so many years ago and continues through the Cranley Family today and we are committed to continuing with the same dedication for years to come. Our mission is to be the epitome of forte in your musical life. We strive to focus on people, offer the highest value in quality products and services, reach potential through empowerment, tradition of integrity, and enrich lives by encouraging music participation. Thank you for your trust in Willis Music Company and we will always strive to be your trusted music company.