Our flagship fuzz pedal can be found on thousands of pedalboards around the world and has rocked countless stages from stinky suburban basements to Madison Square Garden. Twice.
The Hoof is loosely based on the classic green Russian fuzz circuit and features a hybrid Germanium/Silicon design, pairing maximum tone with maximum temperature stability not found in finicky and expensive vintage units. We hand-match our NOS Germanium transistors to exacting specifications for pedal-to-pedal consistency, taking the guesswork out of your fuzz purchase, and guaranteeing that your Hoof delivers the same smooth, natural, and harmonically-rich sustain as all your friends Hoofs. All your friends have Hoof fuzzes, right?
- Measures: 4.75″ x 2.50″ x 2.25″ with knobs
- Current Draw: 15 mA
- Input Impedance: 130 KOhm
- Output Impedance: <10 KOhm
- Switching: This device is true bypass and uses electronic relay-based switching. Audio will not pass without power.
- Power : This device takes a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. DO NOT RUN AT HIGHER VOLTAGES!