The Swiss Army Commander. The Foxcatcher Overdrive & Boost is the result of a six month trial and study. Inspired by a Bluesbreaker type overdrive, we began changing and adding to the base circuit. The first of which was a change to the tone section and the addition of the Nature knob, which is an overall presence control. From there, we added an output buffer and true bypass stylings. From the start, we wanted to have an independent boost section on the pedal. That decision was easy, our Gravity Bomb. Once real world testing was in full swing, we started showing friends, family and local dealers. Taking everyones critiques in to consideration, we added an effect order toggle switch. This allows the boost section to be added before the overdrive for more volume, or after the overdrive for more gain. Lastly, we incorporated a Burr Brown audiophile-grade op amp and made it so that Foxcatcher can receive up to 18 volts. This allows for even more clarity. Your new favorite overdrive!
- VOLUME Controls the overall output volume.
- TONE Controls the overall brightness. Adjust to taste.
- NATURE The magic knob! Use in conjunction with Tone and Drive to sculpt a glassier, tube-driven effect.
- DRIVE Controls the amount of overdrive. Get gritty while adding sustain.
- FIRST TOGGLE Determines whether the boost is pre (adds gain) or post (adds volume) to the drive circuit.
- BOOST KNOB Controls the desired boost amount when the right footswitch is engaged.
- 9V-18V Standard 5.5mm x 2.1mm center negative power supply. Foxcatcher has internal polarity protection. 18V is recommended for the always on player for its added clarity.
- Connections: Input (1/4? jack) Output (1/4? jack))
- Power: 9-18VDC)
- Dimensions: (W x D x H): 114 x 89 x 36 mm (4,5? x 3,5? x 1,4?))
- Weight: 454 g (1 lbs)