This versatile banjo can also be played in the keys of A, B, or C by using the spikes which are already installed and a capo. If you enjoy playing standing up this is perfect as it weighs 6.5 lbs and you can stand up play it all night long!
Being an openback banjo, this is great for the Clawgrass style of playing because the tone ring gives it that brighter tone needed for Clawgrass music and other modern openback styles that need a banjo with sustain that projects freely. It is first and foremost a very playable instrument, that is built to be durable and travel easily, while being a superb sounding banjo that pleases audiences.
The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjos epitomizes Greg Deerings lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. Pearloid vintage artisan style inlays pop off the new Midnight Maple fingerboard, while the peg head is adorned with a beautifully engraved design.
Made at our factory in Spring Valley, California (outside of San Diego), this is a comfortably playable banjo with a wonderfully bright tone. It is a solid dependable instrument that is immensely playable with excellent tonality and clarity.
- Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained A Rich Brown
- Midnight Maple Fingerboard
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
- Goodtime Special Logo Engraved On Peghead
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Peghead shape
- 11″ 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
- Patented Goodtime Special Tone Ring
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11″ Renaissance High Crown Head
- 5/8? Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32? Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Has a clear and bright sound of maple.
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- Comes strung with Deering Light Gauge Banjo Strings
- G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning.
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4?
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4?
- Rim Diameter 12?
- Overall Instrument Length 37 3/4?
- Weight Approx. 6.5 lbs