The Afterneath sounds a lot like it looks a wizard bursting forth from ethereal cave and ready for the ambient battle. You are the wizard or sorceress, if you prefer and the cave is your instruments signal, vast, expansive, and magical. Do you go inside? Roll a D20 to proceed!
Once inside, a reflection of light from an unknown source catches your eye, and you notice a bizarre sheen on the walls of the cave. You timidly inch closer to the walls of the cave. Placing your hand gently on the cavern wall, you feel the rock move. The cave is alive! Alarmed, you emit a loud gasp, which reverberates throughout the subterranean landscape. Upon further listening, it appears as though the reverberations of your voice are in fact a swarm of short digital delays which may be used to create wild and cavernous reverbs, or scattered, short, rhythmic delays with bizarre characteristics.
- Dimensions: 4.75 x 2.50 x 2.25 in. (121 x 64 x 57 mm) with knobs
- Current Draw: 100 mA
- Input Impedance: 1 MO
- Output Impedance: 500 O
- Expression Jack: This is an expression pedal control jack for the Drag. The Afterneath requires an expression pedal with a value of 50k, we recommend the Moog EP-3 or similar. While it will work with a standard 10k expression pedal, a 50k expression pedal will allow you to access the full range of each mode. Tip is the wiper, Ring is 5v and Sleeve is ground. You can also use CV with this jack. CV operates 0-5v.
- Flexi-Switch® Technology: This device features Flexi-Switch Technology! This electronic switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching. For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass. For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as youd like to use the effect. Once you release the switch, the effect will be bypassed. The Afterneath uses electronic buffered bypass, it requires power to pass signal and the buffer is always active. You may experience a pop the first time the Afterneath is switched on after power up.
- Tails / No Tails Switching: The Afterneath is factory set in tails mode. This means that the wet signal will naturally decay and slowly fade to silence after the effect is switched off.
To deactivate this feature:
- Unplug the power cable from the power jack.
- Hold down the footswitch and insert the power cable.
- The LED will flash 3 times. You can now release the footswitch.
- Follow the same steps to reactive tails mode.
- Power This device takes a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. DO NOT RUN AT HIGHER VOLTAGES!